Guided by the most recent recommendations from the CDC, Holmes Camp & Retreat Center has implemented the following procedures to help reduce the spread COVID-19, and to provide a safe environment for our guests, volunteers, and staff.
- Holmes Camp & Retreat Center encourages all who are able to protect themselves and their community with vaccination against COVID-19, and regular COVID-19 testing as appropriate.
- Holmes Camp & Retreat Center may require vaccination for guests of certain programs and events.
- Guest groups may choose to require vaccination for participants and attendees.
- Regardless of vaccination status individuals are to wear a mask in public, indoor spaces in the following circumstances:
- Putnam or Duchess counties, the site of Holmes Camp, are identified by the CDC as areas of “substantial or high transmission“
- Anytime Holmes is hosting guests from areas identified by the CDC as having “substantial or high transmission”
- Based on the above at current transmission rates masks are currently required in public, indoor spaces for all staff and guests
- Individuals are encouraged to wear a mask in crowded outdoor situations.
- All guest groups are required to provide Holmes Camp & Retreat Center with a list of individuals attending their event, for any amount of time, including first and last name and a current phone number or email address. Please contact us if you would like a blank form for gathering information, or feel free to use your own.
- Guests, volunteers, and staff experiencing COVID-19 symptoms are asked to stay-home, or if symptoms began after arrival to self-isolate and inform The Center of onset of symptoms.
- Staff and volunteers experiencing COVID-19 symptoms are asked to receive a negative COVID-19 test or to self-quarantine for an appropriate amount of time before returning to work.
- Holmes Camp & Retreat Center will use enhanced cleaning procedures, including disinfectant fogging/misting of public areas.
- The COVID-19 pandemic is continuously evolving, and the policies of Holmes Camp & Retreat Center may change at any time to reflect new guidance from federal, state, and local authorities.
Retreat Groups will be asked to review and sign our Covid Policy prior to their stay.